The rest of October
We will take off Fri/Sat Oct 22 & 23. I’ll probably teach Step at 935 (will confirm later in the week) and head north for a pumpkin-carving party with the wee ones! Jake will teach 6 am Coed and Sarah a special 830 am yoga class.
Jake will need to take off part of the following week Oct 29/Nov 1/Nov 3 so please attend our regular training sessions on those days.
Child Care assistance
Someone you know might need this help. https://www.nmececd.org/child-care-assistance/
(I’m not so sure if this is causation, or just correlation, but it wouldn’t hurt to make the changes where you can…)
“It is possible to minimize your exposure to phthalates and other endocrine disruptors like BPA, which can still be found in the linings of canned goods and paper receipts, Trasande said.
‘First, avoid plastics as much as you can. Never put plastic containers in the microwave or dishwasher, where the heat can break down the linings so they might be absorbed more readily,’ he suggested. ‘In addition, cooking at home and reducing your use of processed foods can reduce the levels of the chemical exposures you come in contact with.’
Here are other tips to reduce you and your family’s exposure:
Use unscented lotions and laundry detergents.
Use cleaning supplies without scents.
Use glass, stainless steel, ceramic or wood to hold and store foods.
Buy fresh or frozen fruits and vegetables instead of canned and processed versions.
Encourage frequent hand washing to remove chemicals from hands.
Avoid air fresheners and all plastics labeled as No. 3, No. 6 and No. 7.”
|Phthalates: Synthetic chemical in consumer products linked to early death, study findsSome synthetic chemicals called phthalates in consumer products may linked to early death, especially from heart disease, a new study has found.www.msn.com|
TWO KINDS OF FIBER
You need both. Know how to get it.
|Soluble vs. Insoluble Fiber: Food Sources of Soluble and Insoluble Fiber | Real Simple22 Healthy High-Protein Recipes (That Taste 10 Times Better Than a Shake or Snack Bar) Whether you’re trying to fuel up for a particularly busy day, have been intensifying your exercise routine, or you’re just sick of feeling hungry all the time, boosting your protein intake may be one way to help you feel more satisfied.www.realsimple.com|
As adults we think we know all this, but your aging parent or your teenager just starting out on her own may not…
|Be aware of current scams|
|1. Fraudsters are posing as Citi to obtain information which allows them to access your account — they may contact you by email, text, or phone impersonating Citi or a Citi employee.|
2. Scammers are creating fake sites that look like legitimate company websites. When you search the internet for a company’s information, these fake sites could lure you to call what appears to be a legitimate number for the company searched, and then attempt to obtain your account information.
3. Fraudsters are requesting that customers download apps to their devices to ‘fix’ issues. These apps allow remote access to your device, which exposes all of your account information to the fraudster.
4. Scammers pretend to be someone they’re not to convince you to pay with gift cards. Legitimate companies or government agencies would not make this request.
● Use caution before accessing links found online or providing information
● Use known links to access businesses online
● Beware of requests to download apps to fix issues on sites
● Verify any phone, text or email contacts are legitimate before sharing information such as:
– One-time passcode
– If you receive a one-time passcode you did not initiate, please do not provide the code to anyone who contacts you requesting it.
– Existing security word (i.e. mother’s maiden name)
– PIN number
– Online User ID or online password
– Your account number